Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Enchanted Tiki Room at Tokyo Disneyland featuring Stitch

Well here is the first Tiki post on my blog. (Please see the update below incorporating more pictures of the Tiki Room from my most recent trip to Tokyo Disneyland).

A few months ago, I had the chance to go to the Enchanted Tiki Room at Tokyo Disneyland.  In this incantation of the Tiki Room, Stitch has taken over the show.  The interior and actual show were too dark for me to get any good shots, so we are left with pictures from the exterior.  The show is very entertaining, even if you do not understand Japanese.  The show features the song, Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride, and a life-sized audio-animatronic of Stitch sings and plays the ukulele.  The show definitely beats that lame-ass Tiki Room Under Construction that I saw at the Magic Kingdom in 2004.   I wonder if all the Disney Parks have switched to the Stitch format...  Enjoy!

 Nice sign.  It lets you know that Stitch controls the show.
 Tikis Ahoy!!!
 Real Hibiscus Flowers
 Nice Tiki Pagoda

Update.  I returned to the Enchanted Tiki Room last weekend and was able to get more pictures to further give you an idea of Tokyo Disneyland's latest incarnation of the attraction.  That said, since the blog is named Tokyo Tiki Room, I feel obliged to give you guys a detailed view of TDL's Tiki Room.  Please enjoy!

This lets guests know that the Tiki Room has an extraterrestrial visitor
More Tikis
Good view
Yet more Tikis
Here'be warned that an extraterrestrial is on the loose!

Next we have a series of pictures of the show itself.  The actual interior of the Tiki Room theater is identical to the WDW version if my memory serves correct.


Not a great pic, the interior was a little too dark for my Ipod camera.  If you can't tell, this is a picture of the overhead birds, the stars of the show.
Here is an interior singing Tiki
More singing birds
Singing flowers
Yet more singing birds

And finally...
The show's headliner, Mr. Stich!!!

Thanks, and please see my posting describing the rest of my most recent Tokyo Disneyland trip. 






No comments:

Post a Comment